>

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Chemical FREE Homemade Deodorant


I made homemade deodorant this mornin' for the first time! 
I purchased all of my organic supplies and essential oils from Mountain Rose Herbs months ago with all intentions to make it right away, but life gets hectic and out of control at times around here.
It was so simple and best of all...totally organic and chemical FREE! 

I tripled the recipe and used Arrow root powder in place of corn starch.
I had all intentions of taking pictures during each of the steps, but some lil' boys snagged my camera batteries for their Wii controller. 

Homemade Deodorant 

1/4 c Arrow root powder or corn starch
1/4 c Baking Soda
3 Tbsp Coconut oil
1 Tbsp Beeswax (optional)

5 drops Tee tree oil
5 drops Lavender 

~ Melt coconut oil and beeswax over DBL boiler
Stir constantly until beeswax is melted
~ Add remaining ingredients - Stir
at this point you'll have a "slurry" runny paste - this will change quickly

Make sure to have empty deodorant stick, empty TP tubes, jar, or whatever container you may be using handy and ready to pour.
Pour. Let set up and your ready to go.
It was simple and non messy! Enjoy! Hope it works! I've applied and I'm trying it out today!

**I used a small mason jar for the majority and made two small "deodorant disk" in a muffin pan with liner. Both seem to work well.




♥♪♫•.•°*°•.¸¸♥. PEACE and LOVE .•°*° ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥
 Wendy

1 comment:

  1. After a hard core three day test with no shower, this really seems to work. No night sweats either. I give it two thumbs up!!!

    ReplyDelete