Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Well we are officially grandparents!!!

 My GI Joe and  his wife Courtney have been blessed with a tiny little girl born January 30th weighing in at 5 lbs 15 oz and 19 inches long
Welcome to the world Alexis Nicole!
It was a crazy morning! Courtney called us about 7:20 am saying her water broke and she was on her way to the hospital. I was in a panic! I had to wait for my husband to get home from work to figure out what we were going do. I hopped online and tried to get a message to Joe. We started looking for flights and contacting grandparents to arrange care for our boys and animals. After 6 hours we finally had all of our ducks in a row and headed to the airport only to find out our flight was delayed due to bad weather in Atlanta. I hopped on Facebook to see my son had posted she was here already.
 I burst into tears. She was so beautiful! He was able to be there via Skype from the sandbox. Technology is so wonderful!!! She was so tiny and beautiful! 

Finally able to board (it was my 1st time flying) I cried the whole way from St. Louis to Atlanta LOL Once we arrived there we found out we was delayed again. A few hours later we hopped a plane only to get stranded again. As we were ascending one of the engines blew. I was so done with planes at that point and begged my husband to just rent a car and finish the trip by car, but he just came off of midnights with no sleep and he was worried we would not make it. So we tuffed it out in the airport. They said we would leave around 2 am, NEVER happened. We ended up spending the night in the Atlanta airport. There was no rooms in any hotels due to a convention in town. So we made the best of it and stuck it out. 6 am came and we were able to board and take off. We arrived at the Fayetteville, NC airport around 8 am. I was so happy to finally be on the ground and on our way to see the girls! We grabbed a cab and headed to the hospital to see ours girls.
Momma looked great! She was gleaming with joy. Poor baby girl had been alone for the last 8 months while my son has been deployed to Afghanistan and then was by herself during delivery. She done such a great job!
They brought the baby in and I instantly cried in awe and was in total love with this sweet girl. We were both exhausted! Paw Paw fell out LOL
We went back to Joe and Courts to freshen up and get a nap in before we headed back up to see the girls. It was a nightmare getting there, but so worth it! We got a few hour nap and a bite to eat then headed back up to the girls.

She is such an alert and curious little girl like her Daddy was.
We spent the rest of the evening at the hospital with the girls and Joe via Skype.
We got to Skype with Joe for a few hours which was so awesome for this Momma!!! <3
Daddy was playing his sweet girl a song.
That night the boys called and said our bottle baby goat wasn't doing good and was dying...I put a shout out on Facebook for someone to please go to the house and see if they could help. A friend from town who raises gots gathered up some stuff and headed out there to see what she could. She was already to far gone and she didn't make it.
RIP Strawberry
It just seemed like the nightmare continued. I sat there holding my sweet jelly bean and cried.
We headed back to the kids place to get some rest before the girls came home the following day.
I was helping Momma get things ready and Paw Paw was keeping an eye on "Jelly Bean" 
All ready to go home.
We got the girls home and all settled. Then we just relaxed and enjoyed what short time we had left there them before we had to catch our flight back home.
Home sweet home.
Nana got in as much snuggle time as I could.
All ready and strapped in to take us to the airport.

The hardest part of the whole trip even after our flight nightmare was kissing this sweet girl goodbye...
We were a little late getting to the airport and wasn't able to board our flight and had an hour wait for a later flight out, but we finally made it back St. Louis airport and we were off to get our babies. I missed them sooo much!

♥♪♫•.•°*°•.¸¸♥. PEACE and LOVE .•°*° ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment