>

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Homeschool: Week Three


It's been a great week. Everyone's stress levels are way down! Taking the leap to homeschool again was the best decision we could of made as a family.. We are learning a lot about our children that we were missing out on. Their learning styles and interest vary drastically. We are learning a whole new routine which is working out pretty good so far. Getting the Tiny Tornado to sit for more than 20 minutes at a time has posed a challenge, but I'm working on new strategies to keep his attention focused. I  found some really wonderful FREE websites via Blogs, Google, and Pinterest we have been testing out with the boys. We are making up our own curriculum, Hackschooling I believe is the new term. We are checking out a great local co op and hope to begin the next class session. We've got some field trips planned out. Projects to build. Science Projects. Plants to grow. Things to discover. Books to read. Piano Lessons and Art.
I love it that they are so eager to learn.
It's a much more relaxed atmosphere now. The hostility is gone.
Chores and even most of my housework is getting completed. That was a huge concern taking on schooling the boys full time. I actually find the kids helping more. Seems they are finally taking a little responsibility and understand that it takes everyone pitching in to get the job done.
I'm not as stressed. There's not as much yelling and fighting between the boys. I find them sitting quiet together in one anothers room playing and working together.  


I have to say these last few weeks have really been great!  
These years are flying by...savor every minute.



♥♪♫•.•°*°•.¸¸♥. PEACE and LOVE .•°*° ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ 
 Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment