>

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Back to "School"

We decided after Christmas break from school that we would go back to homeschooling the boys. It was the very best decision our family could of made. I'll spare ya all of the gory details, but at some point I thought things were going to get ugly. I was NOT sending them back to public school and that's all there was to it!
We actually started "school" last week, but yesterday was the first day back at PS. So we really hit the books hard yesterday and tried to cover our "core" subjects. They greatest feeling yesterday was NOT having to wake 3 grumpy boys up at 6 am and deal with the screaming and fighting for an hour and a half...waddling through the muddy drive to get to the bus only to be bullied, kicked, hit, and spit on. Then the massive after school meltdowns and fighting. I do believe they were acting out what was being done to them.
The kids all behaved themselves. We got EVERY subject done with down time. I even got 2 visitors yesterday!
We figured out one needs harder Math and one needs harder reading. That is GREAT!!! 











Tiny tornado wrote his name FINALLY!!! It was such a productive and exciting day!
 I know not everyday will go this smooth, but life def isn't as stressful anymore and that makes this Momma HAPPY and in return EVERYONE will be happy ;0)
! I am in LOVE with this slower paced life we have just recreated for ourselves. The kids are getting along!!! (((KNOCK ON WOOD)))) Chores are getting done! and they are all picking things THEY want to learn more about. We are "hackschooling". They are so eager to learn! I'm doing my Happy Mommy dance!



♥♪♫•.•°*°•.¸¸♥. PEACE and LOVE .•°*° ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment